Monday, January 7, 2013

An Easy-Going Day

Well y'all, its been a couple days since my last post, but that's because there hasn't been much of anything going on around here. And today, that's still the case. The only thing exciting was that it was JB and Jenna's first day back to school after the Christmas break ((wooohooo this momma is doing the 'happy dance'--no more fighting and arguing!!! Only one kid at home--wooohooo!!)).

Jenna was so excited this morning y'all! She woke up for the first time to her new alarm clock (a Disney Princess one of course, lol), and then she was so excited to get ready in one of her new outfits that she got for Christmas (thanks to Nana!). JB on the other hand, will take a couple of days to adjust to the routine again. Even though he spent most of the break waking up at pretty much the same time every day (between 6 and 7--grrrrr!!!), and doing his basic morning routine, he got out of the routine of going to school. So, it might take him a couple days to get back into the swing of things. He does love school though, he was just a little fussy this morning. And he also went to school in a new outfit and his new boots (again, thanks Nana!), but could really care less about his outfit--typical boy!

So, I've had a pretty boring day so far. Took the kids to school, then came home, picked up a new magazine (Mary Jane's Farm...I love it!), sat on the couch with Ressie to read and snuggle while she was watching Dora.  I think i made it  two lines into the first article and then I dozed; I did't sleep well last night. So i doed in and out for a little over an hour and then finally got my butt up Butch finally got my butt up off the couch to get started on the day's work. So I did the normal laundry and dishes routine, and rounded that out by cutting some gum out of Ressie's hair, *sigh*. At least it wasn't a huge chunk or anything, it soooo coulda been worse since she has so much hair and it's down to her butt. So now I flop down at the desk to get on the computer while eating my lovely lunch of chicken noodle soup (nope, not sick, just sounded good) while keeping one eye on the window next to the desk so I can make sure a tree doesn't fall on Butch's head. Oh yes...the Butcher with a chain saw...only the chainsaw wouldn't start, so he decided he was just gonna use the ax. Yep...on the biggest tree that needs to come down. I'm wondering if he has some pent-up frustration there that he's taking out on that poor dead tree. Annnnddddd....TIMBER! All's well...it didn't fall on his head...the Butcher will live to fight another day! Whew...glad that's over. Hopefully he's going to work on the chainsaw now instead of going at more trees with the ax. Please...I hope...

So all-in-all, its been a good day. A day in which--so far--Autism has not kicked my butt! But there's always the evening hours!! ((Insert evil villain laugh here))


No comments:

Post a Comment