Saturday, August 3, 2013

HOLY MONKEY BATMAN...she *finally* wrote a new blog post!

Well y'all, I'm finally back at it! Yep, after a huge absence, here I go again.

JB started summer school this week, and we have had one happy boy! Only one big fit this week, and that was on Monday after he came home from school. He came home upset and proceeded to get worse because he knew he wasn't supposed to be home from school that early. Poor baby--summer school is only from 8:30-11:30am, but JB wants his full day dammit!! LOL! Well, his fit escalated into full-blown melt-down mode, so I banished him to his room to throw his fit. I went in there and sat with him to make sure he didn't hurt himself (or throw anything through the window, which is A LOT more likely), and I finally got him to sit in his comfy beanbag chair and start to calm down. Well that lasted for all of about 5 seconds, so I bribed him with Veggie Tales and off we go to the living room to watch TV (Mom of the Year award to me, I know, but hey, it kinda worked). So I put on the Veggie Tales that I have thankfully DVR'ed, and even though he's still crying a little bit, he sits with me and lets me rub his back. And after an hours worth of Veggie Tales, I have a happy kiddo!

Mommy, on the other hand, needed a glass of wine! But HOLY COW BATMAN---she can't have any alcohol!! Why? Because I failed to mention that I was recovering from surgery last week, and of course JB would have a melt-down on my first day home alone with the kids. So here's the story on my surgery:

I had bariatric (weight-loss) surgery. I chose to do the procedure that's known as the gastric sleeve. Before y'all ask, no its not like the Lap-Band. In this surgery, they went in and took out the pouch part of my stomach, and that part that's left looks like a banana, or a 'sleeve' (get it?). By taking out that portion of the stomach, its supposed to remove the hormone that causes you to crave food even when you're not hungry. (Bet it doesn't work for wine, cause I still want that, LOL!) Hey Batman--that's just what I needed!!

So here I am, close to two weeks after my surgery, and I'm doing great! Pretty much the only issue I've had that's been hard for me to handle at the moment was the big melt-down on Monday, so I've had it pretty easy. The hubby has been awesome at helping me out! He's done dishes and fed the kids and even done the laundry (even though that makes me cringe, he didn't ruin anything this time, LOL)! The one complaint I have is that on the night he made homemade burgers, he wouldn't let me lick the patty! I'm on a liquid diet, give me a break here! The 'juice' coming off that burger is a liquid--give it up! Nah, I'm playing, I should NOT be licking burger patties! Thanks for saving me Butch!

So all is well here in 'hillbilly land' where we live. Right now, Butch and a buddy of his are outside cuttin' down dead trees. Luckily, this time Butch and the chainsaw have not had a disagreement, so I have seen no chainsaws flying across the yard. Another plus--Butch is not doing his famous lumberjack move of swinging an ax once, stopping for a swig of beer, then taking another swing with the ax, all the while sitting on a bucket. The day has not gone downhill yet! Woohoo!! That'll do it for now y'all, I'm off to make sure no trees fall on the house!


No comments:

Post a Comment